Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Music is Magical

For my first blog, I want to tell you about my first love. It filled me with emotions I've never felt before. It's who I ran to when I was feeling depressed. It's the tool I used to get out my stress. It's the one thing I know won't ever leave me. Music. Hard rocking, bone chilling music.

I was born and raised listening to what I consider great music. Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, The Who and many more are the background tracks to my childhood. One of my favorite memories is of my mother driving to college with me in the backseat about to go to daycare. Nazareth's "Hair of the Dog" playing on the radio and my mom turning down the volume each time they sang "Now you're messing with a son of a bitch." Letting me discover music but still with a touch of censorship!

Now do you remember those pamphlets sent in the mail in the 90's where you could pick a bundle of CD's for a decent price? That's where I discovered my favorite band (and they still are to this day, keep reading my blogs and you may get sick of hearing about them). Anyway, As I was sitting in my grandfather's lap he scanned the magazine and picked a few CD's for himself, like Enya and Kenny G, and let me choose a few for myself. I randomly stumbled on an Incubus CD. My life was forever changed.

After a few of my first live concerts, I realized music is something that will forever be in my life. Stay tuned to read my album reviews, opinions on different artists and concert reviews.

This weekend I will be attending the Pearl Jam tour opener in Pittsburgh (hopefully from the first row!) and will be uploading pictures with my next blog.

Tori on Tour: First stop- Hard Rock Cafe in Pittsburgh with special guest The Ten Band: A Pearl Jam Tribute Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment