Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Love On The Run, Heart in Pittsburgh- Courtney Noelle

I was honored to be invited to the first lady of Taylor Gang, Courtney Noelle's, mixtape release party at Enigma Lounge in downtown Pittsburgh on January 31.

The club was decked out in pink diamonds, cupcakes and candy and fancy drinks. The girly theme matched her cause for the party. Not only was it to promote her mixtape, "Love on the Run" but it was to show some love to the Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation and the Lung Cancer Research Foundation.

Ms. Noelle told me, "I'm contributing to both foundations because they are close to my heart. My grandma passed of lung cancer and she basically raised me and I know if we had more money into research that her life may have been prolonged so I want to help those who have loved ones with this same disease."


(Courtney Noelle on the red carpet at her mixtape release party. Photo courtesty of my assistant photographer Emily Angle)



Chatting with Courtney felt like sitting down and catching up with an old friend. She is one of the most independent yet down to earth women I have ever met.

Her modesty was proven when she said, "We seriously just heard my single on the radio on 96.1 on the way here. I had to stop our driver and scream 'STOP THE CAR! WE HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING!' It's so surreal and exciting for me!"

Courtney is a woman who takes pride in what she does and believes in the words she says and the songs she writes. I noticed a small tattoo on her and I asked what it was. "My tattoo says living for love in Italian. If I lost my vocal chords today I wouldn't know what to do. I live for that passion. My love is singing."

With her rise to stardom quickly approaching I asked how she plans to stay true to Pittsburgh. "I'm from Point Breeze and never plan to let my heart leave the 412. Everyone wants to move but this is my home. I'm a Pittsburgh girl."

You can download her album, "Love on the Run" and I promise you won't be disappointed. Her vocals on the album are just as good as seeing her live. This girl has talent and she's bringing back real music to the city of Pittsburgh.


No comments:

Post a Comment