Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Just Ride the Wave"- Mimosa Forecastle 2014

Hands down, one of my favorite parts of festivals is discovering new music. I had heard of Mimosa before but meeting him and seeing him live totally blew away any expectations I had.

(Photo via +tigranmimosa)
The Los Angeles based artist was such a down to earth and kind hearted guy. Having a quick conversation with him outside of his dressing room, it was obvious how enlightened and intelligent he is. We discussed his intimate and spiritual experience with a shaman and he told me he is interested in anything that "opens the mind." That truly resonated with me because on the back of my neck I have an incubus inspired tattoo that says "Open My Mind." He showed me some of his tattoos and when I asked how he got to be as successful as he is today his advice to me was, "Just ride the wave, what is meant to be will always happen."

After some private meditation in his artist trailer he got on stage and blew away the crowd. His trap/electronic beats are truly unique. He took it old school for a few songs when he mixed in some 90's Missy Elliot. He performed at 3 pm at the Ocean Stage the first day but he also held an exclusive late night show aboard a boat that night that I'm sure was unforgettable.

If you haven't already, take the time to check out this musical genius. You can follow him on Twitter @TigranMimosa for tour updates and daily inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment