Thursday, May 22, 2014

Capital Cities

Capital Cities blew me away. There is always one band you expect to enjoy but they knock you off your feet. I can honestly say these guys were my favorite act of the entire weekend and some of my favorite bands were there.

Sometimes the atmosphere and the way the crowd reacts can make the entire performance. Capital Cities nailed it. With giant inflatable beach balls surfing through the immense crowd; shirts and towels twirling in the air; crazy dance moves... these guys had the entire crowd dancing their asses off.

Their poppy, electronic and fun sound reminded me of one of my favorite bands, Motion City Soundtrack. It was impossible even for the toughest wallflowers not to at least bob their head to their set.

Lead singer, Ryan Merchant, mentioned how he loves playing for diverse crowd's like this because "Music brings everyone together."

They had a cover mashup of "Stayin' Alive" and "Undone: The Sweater Song" that the crowd really got into. And they played pieces of Madonna's "Holiday."

Capital Cities closed their set with their popular, "Safe and Sound."


As soon as I got to my car for my long road trip home the first album I downloaded was their album "In A Tidal Wave of Mystery." Follow them on twitter, @capitalcities, to stay current on their tour and any updates they may have. I promise you they are a great band for summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment