Friday, May 2, 2014

The East Coast Freshman

The title of this mixtape that dropped last night is perfect.
"Who is that freshman?" I can hear the girls saying.
"Who's the new kid?" The dudes say with a tinge of jealousy.



The East Coast Freshman is just that. Fresh. New. Exciting. And will have you talking. 
So who is this new kid on the block? He's a down to earth guy from Pittsburgh, Pa with the heart of (black and) gold. He loves to party but is one of the hardest working people I know.

He's T Wolf (Shawn Rumbaugh) and he's about to shine all over the steel city. T Wolf encompasses the new face of the rap world but pays homage to where he's come from.

"I'm still the kid that started rapping in my dad's attic and I'm still the kid that will rap at parties for fun, but now I have a face, I have a movement, I have a name."

Just two years ago to date he dropped his debut mixtape, "Frat House of Clowns" and it finished Datpiff top 8. With only one day of being released, his newest mixtape has already had thousands of listens and a lot of positive feedback. 

"It's kind of surreal when I look back and see all the progress from then until now. I've been working on my craft, perfecting my music, built my fanbase and branded my movement. It's just the beginning."


" Now I start stuntin' "


The Stay Dope movement is all about positivity and hard work. Balancing fun and work at the same time. Lighting the candle at both ends. Learning how to work all day and party all night. And when you do something you love, you can't even call it work.

I asked Shawn if he had any advice for upcoming artists and he said, "Don't listen to anyone but your gut feelings. Never stop pushing. Don't settle on being content. Don't rest. What you want is possible regardless of what the 99% say. If you truly believe you're a part of the 1% then show the others you can do it. We can't explain what we do because we're a different breed. We speak a different language and expect different things. We stay dope."


You can checkout The East Coast Freshman at
http://www.datpiff.com/T-Wolf-The-East-Coast-Freshman-mixtape.607959.html

and follow him on Twitter @OfficialTwolf for updates and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment