Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ozomatli

Ozomatli was the first band I got to see at HangOut fest and they were awesome. When they mentioned this was the band's 19 year anniversary, I was confused. I researched that and found out that this band has been around since the late 90's and I was shocked I had never heard of them before. I immediately made a note in my journal to purchase some of their music when I got home because their sound hit me.

They were great at pumping up the crowd and had the perfect sound to match the beach atmosphere. One of the guys from the band got down onto the beach and into the crowd. The entire crowd was feeling their vibe and I'm sure everyone can agree they are perfect dancing music. Their sounds are a mix of salsa, jazz, reggae and rap.

Their latest record is called "Place in the Sun" and it definitely worth checking out. Ozomatli had a perfect place in the sun on the HangOut stage and they gained many new fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment