Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Needtobreathe

Another band I discovered at HangOut fest was Needtobreathe. They are an alternative rock band that got lots of fist pumps and had the entire crowd rocking out. Some of their songs had some bluegrass and folksy rock sound also.

They use a wide array of instruments from mandolins to harmonicas and organs but kill it on the guitar and drums also. Bear Rinehart's, lead vocals, raspy scream was my favorite part of the band. He has a voice unlike anything I'd heard before. Bear's brother, Bo, is back up vocals and guitar.

Bear said, "I'm honored to be up here with my friends and my brother. We love each other and I hope you love each other too."

As I was listening to their lyrics, I detected some of their songs had a Christian rock sound to them and they sang about their God.

What I realized is that it doesn't matter what religion, race or social status you are. We can all come together and appreciate music. Music is one thing that we can all enjoy together despite our differences.

Their song "The Outsiders" was one of my favorites. Here at HangOut fest, we were all outsiders looking in and becoming a family for one weekend.

Follow them on twitter to check out where you can see them live and for my Pittsburghers, they will be at Stage AE on June 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment