Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Black Keys

This was my second time seeing The Black Keys but nothing can compare to this one. I saw them at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh a year ago but this year I got to experience them on the beach of Gulf Shores, Alabama as the red full moon was above the ocean.

It's amazing what seeing one of your favorite bands can do to your psyche. You forget about the minimal stresses you deal with daily and you take it all in. Saltwater taste on my tongue and singing along to my favorite lyrics filled my mouth rather than the talk of rumors that others are so obsessed with. In my eyes was the full moon, the stars above me in the sky and the rising rock stars ahead of me on the stage. In my ears were the sounds of the waves crashing and the beautiful music of The Black Keys. I felt a wave of calm crash over me as the waves of the sea smashed onto the beach.

The played an incredible set list including "Howlin' for you," "Lonely Boy," and "Next Girl" and closed the night with a 4 song encore as fireworks lit up the beach sky ahead.

Be sure to check out their newest album "Turn Blue" and follow them on Twitter for upcoming concerts and updates.

I'll be seeing them again in September back at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, but I know nothing will ever compare to this night in May. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment