Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gary Clark Jr.

I had listened to Gary Clark Jr. before and I knew I enjoyed his music but something special happens when you see an artist live and really experience their raw talent.

Being just a few feet away from his unbelievable guitar playing sent chills down my spine and honestly brought tears to my eyes.

I feel like I hopped into a time machine for a minute and was watching Jimi Hendrix play at WoodStock.

He's described as a multi-faceted artist who kills it in every genre. He can rap, he can sing the blues, he can shred on the guitar like a rock god, he has one of the most soulful voices I've ever heard. He had two acoustic performances on the soundtrack for 12 Years a Slave.

He was a man of few words for the audience but his lyrics resonated books in my head.

If you haven't given this man a listen, I ask that you do so now. He is one of the most talented acts I saw all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment